Course: Basic Expedition Leadership Award
Adventure Dolphin offers training courses for the Level 2 Assistant Lowland Expedition Leadership (ALEL) and the Level 3 Lowland Expedition (LEL) Leader through Sports Leaders UK.
It is designed for all with a responsibility for looking after others (particularly young people), or those who wish to train others in carrying out different types of expeditions including camping. It is a well recognised qualification for teachers who work in youth clubs and DofE Centres.
• Leading walking groups in lowland countryside;
• Teaching the knowledge and skills needed to undertake a day walk;
• Having responsibility for others, while leading a day walk in the countryside;
• Planning and leading overnight base and mobile camps.
Typically, the courses involve attending a number of evening and weekend sessions and a final assessment weekend.
Grants may be available to DofE leaders who volunteer in West Berkshire.
• Level 2 you must be 15 years of age on course start and there are no pre-requirements
• Level 3 you must be a minimum of 17 years (18 at qualification). there is no upper age limit
• There is no prior knowledge or skill needed just a passion for the outdoors and some walking fitness
• Although a First Aid Certificate is not required to gain the qualification it is highly recommended and may be mandatory depending on the organisation you work with.
Starts January 2018 – dates TBC – Eight Tuesday evenings and two weekends